Now Hiring for the 2018-2019 School Year!
Northwest Montana Head Start is now accepting Applications for the the following positions:
(For the full job description, please click the red button next to the position name)
Volunteer Coordinator Job Description (Kalispell)
- BA/BS degree in a Human Services or related field
- As the Volunteer Coordinator you are in charge of coordinating and overseeing the parent involvement and volunteering efforts within our organization. The main goal will be to design and implement activities to increase family involvement. Your communication skills will be vital in this position, as the Volunteer Coordinator will be the link between the staff and our volunteers; keeping everyone informed of upcoming events, volunteer opportunities, and creates and distributes the parent newsletter for our 150+ children. You will also work as our liaison to advocate for children and parents in the community.
Teacher Advocate Job Description (Kalispell & Eureka)
- Minimum of an AA in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or a related field.
- As a Teacher Advocate with Head Start, you will play a major role in the lives of a classroom full of young children. You will develop and utilize developmentally appropriate lesson plans that promote social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development. You will lead a classroom that encourages children to experiment, explore, problem solve, cooperate, socialize, and make choices. Additionally, you work directly with the family to ensure school readiness for both the children and adults.
Education Assistant Job Description (Kalispell)
- AA/BA in early childhood is preferred OR a college degree with experience in teaching preschool children and willingness to obtain a CDA or ECE coursework within 6 months of hire.
- As an Education Assistant, you would work alongside the Education Manager to ensure that each classroom is fully staffed, prepared, and using developmentally appropriate techniques. You might be found substituting in one of the classrooms or working at your desk completing assigned tasks/duties. The Education Assistant will help teachers develop curriculum and ensure active and appropriate parent involvement at all sites.
To apply, please go to our employment application form: Online Application
– OR –
Print our Paper Application from this button. You can drop this application off at our Kalispell location or submit via US mail to:
79 7th Avenue EN
Kalispell, MT 59901
If you have questions about how to apply or our open positions please email email@example.com or call 406.752.7011.
Thank you for your interest in working for Northwest Montana Head Start!